nagios don't send mail

Carlos Sánchez cjsanz4job at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 21 22:54:18 CEST 2006

Hi!

I have configured a host and the sevice, when I lost communication with that
host I must to receive a email but I don’t, what am I configuring bad?

These are my logs

Sep 21 13:19:37 segacc nagios: HOST EVENT HANDLER:
prueba;DOWN;HARD;10;notify-by-email

Sep 21 13:19:37 segacc nagios: Warning: Attempting to execute the command
"/usr/bin/printf "%b" "***** Nagios  *****\n\nNotification Type:
\n\nService: \nHost: prueba\nAddress: 192.168.xxx.xxx\nState: \n\nDate/Time:
Thu Sept 21 13:19:37 ECT 2006\n\nAdditional Info:\n\n" |  -s "**  alert -
prueba/ is  **" " resulted in a return code of 127.  Make sure the script or
binary you are trying to execute actually exists...

Sep 21 13:19:37 segacc nagios: SERVICE ALERT:
prueba;PING;CRITICAL;HARD;1;CRITICAL - Plugin timed out after 12 seconds

These are the files that I create

define host{
        name                            generic-host    ; The name of this
host template
        notifications_enabled           1       ; Host notifications are
enabled
        event_handler_enabled           1       ; Host event handler is
enabled
        flap_detection_enabled          1       ; Flap detection is enabled
#        failure_prediction_enabled      1       ; Failure prediction is
enabled
        process_perf_data               1       ; Process performance data
        retain_status_information       1       ; Retain status information
across program restarts
        retain_nonstatus_information    1       ; Retain non-status
information across program restarts
        register                        0       ; DONT REGISTER THIS
DEFINITION - ITS NOT A REAL HOST, JUST A TEMPLATE!
        }

define host {
        use generic-host
        host_name prueba
        alias prueba
        address 192.168.xxx.xxx
        check_command check-host-alive
        max_check_attempts 10
        check_period 24x7
        event_handler notify-by-email
        notification_interval 480
        notification_period 24x7
        notification_options d,u,r
        stalking_options o,d,o
        hostgroups linux-server
        contact_groups linux-admin
}

define service{
        name                            generic-service ; The 'name' of this
service template
        active_checks_enabled           1       ; Active service checks are
enabled
        passive_checks_enabled          1       ; Passive service checks are
enabled/accepted
        parallelize_check               1       ; Active service checks
should be parallelized (disabling this can lead to major performance
problems)
        obsess_over_service             1       ; We should obsess over this
service (if necessary)
        check_freshness                 0       ; Default is to NOT check
service 'freshness'
        notifications_enabled           1       ; Service notifications are
enabled
        event_handler_enabled           1       ; Service event handler is
enabled
        flap_detection_enabled          1       ; Flap detection is enabled
#      failure_prediction_enabled      1       ; Failure prediction is
enabled
        process_perf_data               1       ; Process performance data
        retain_status_information       1       ; Retain status information
across program restarts
        retain_nonstatus_information    1       ; Retain non-status
information across program restarts
        register                        0       ; DONT REGISTER THIS
DEFINITION - ITS NOT A REAL SERVICE, JUST A TEMPLATE!
       }

define service {
        use generic-service
        service_description PING
        is_volatile 0
        check_command check_ping!1050.0,30%!1550.0,60%
        max_check_attempts 4
        normal_check_interval 5
        retry_check_interval 1
        check_period 24x7
        notification_interval 240
        notification_period 24x7
        host_name prueba
        notification_options u,c,r
        contact_groups linux-admin
}

Add fun gadgets and colorful themes to express yourself on Windows Live
Spaces
http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://www.get.live.com/spaces/features