Want to run 2 nagios on 1 machine

Arno Lehmann al at its-lehmann.de
Mon Sep 18 21:06:25 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 9/18/2006 6:08 PM, David Schlecht wrote:
> Thanks for your reply, Gerhard,
>

> Good article.
>

> Yours was one of the first approaches I took, but I found that the
>  two sets of CGIs both returned the same results, regardless of
>  the config files. This leads me to belive that the CGIs might interface
>  with the running nagios process.

As far as I know the cgis only interface to the files generated by
nagios. These file paths are hard-coded in the cgi binaries, which means
that you have to compile (at least the cgis) with a different configuration.

(You could also try patching them :-)

Try a command like
'strings -n 6 /usr/local/nagios2/sbin/tac.cgi | grep status\\.dat'
using your local path to the cgis, of course. You'll see the status data
file path is compiled into the cgi binary.

Arno

IT-Service Lehmann                    al at its-lehmann.de