Want to run 2 nagios on 1 machine

David Schlecht dschlecht at doit.nv.gov
Mon Sep 18 18:08:56 CEST 2006

Thanks for your reply, Gerhard,

Good article.

Yours was one of the first approaches I took, but I found that the
 two sets of CGIs both returned the same results, regardless of
 the config files. This leads me to belive that the CGIs might interface
 with the running nagios process.

I am running the CGIs from the command line to avoid any problems
 with Apache and vHosts.

If you're sure this approach still works, then I can pound on my
 configurations till I get it, but I suspect that it no longer works
 with one instance and multiple configurations.

Does Configure hard code the configuration paths in the CGIs?

- David Schlecht (dschl)

-----------------------

This thread is located in the archive at this URL:

http://www.nagiosexchange.org/nagios-users.34.0.html?&tx_maillisttofaq_pi
1[showUid]=21942

> Hi David,

> i proposed a method some time ago which was successfully adopted
 by some

.

> > The operators are not allowed to change the status, such as

> > disabling  notifications, acknowledgements... This is

> > strictly a read-only  interface. Hence, their web login is

> > via a privledged account which  allows them to view all hosts

> > and services, but can't change anything.

> >  Their e-mail comes from a different account.

> > Now we have developers who want to monitor their

> > test/development  machines and I don't want these failures to

> > reach the operators'

> >  web interface. Since the operators are viewing a privledged

> > screen,  there's no way to prevent them from seeing the test
 boxes.

> > My current attempt uses a single Nagios install with separate

> > test  directories, many linked back to the installed ones.

> > Running the  CGI in the test directory shows all the hosts

> > from the production  instance.

> > If two instances isn't the best way to solve this, are there

> > any  other suggestions?

> > Thanks,

> > - David Schlecht (dschl)

> > http://www.nagiosexchange.org/nagios-users.34.0.html

> > -----------

> > Using Tomcat but need to do more? Need to support web

> > services, security?

> > Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make

> > your job easier Download IBM WebSphere Application Server

> > v.1.0.1 based on Apache Geronimo

> > http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&

> > dat=121642

> > ::: Please include Nagios version, plugin version (-v) and OS

> > when reporting any issue.

> > ::: Messages without supporting info will risk being sent to
 /dev/null

 security?

> Get stuff done quickly with pre-integrated technology to make
 your job easier

 Geronimo

> http://sel.as-us.falkag.net/sel?cmd=lnk&kid=120709&bid=263057&dat
=121642