Want to run 2 nagios on 1 machine

David Schlecht dschlecht at doit.nv.gov
Mon Sep 18 17:15:50 CEST 2006

Hi Moshe Sharon

Thank you for your reply.

I initially considered the "Operators Contacts" approach but decided
 against it because I don't want the operators to have the ability
 to alter/disable Nagios on all the hosts they can view.

Is there a way around this?

Are you certain that you can run two copies of Nagios on one machine?
 What instance do the CGIs reference? My current attempt does just
 that and both sets of CGIs return the same results, even though
 the config files are different.

- David Schlecht (dschl)

-----------------------

This thread is located in the archive at this URL:

http://www.nagiosexchange.org/nagios-users.34.0.html?&tx_maillisttofaq_pi
1[showUid]=21941

> but for your needs as for operators and tests i think its much
 simpler

> just use the contacts and contactgroups permissions and do not
 set the

> privileges in the cgi.cfg . meaning give test operator a user
 that

> applied to all hosts / services in the are in charge.

I already considered the "Operators Contacts" approach but decided
 and for the rest

> of hosts / services set the operators this way when they logged
 in