help needed .. newbie

rahul ramasubramanian rahul_chucks at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 5 09:18:13 CEST 2006

hi ankush..
thanks for the help... the nagios service is running now but still i get the
same error....
the error message that is being writetn in the logs is

Warning: Return code of 127 for check of service 'PING' on host 'localhost'
wa
s out of bounds. Make sure the plugin you're trying to run actually exists.

what does this mean...
i am using the minimal.cfg file to get nagios up and running first ...

in the command prompt
services like ./check_ping & ./check_tcp are working fine for the
localhost......

thanks
rahul