defining domain for check_http for each host

Richard Galvez richy at daviesinc.com
Sun Sep 3 09:12:47 CEST 2006

Yeah, I follow you, but the issue is that I'm the user, and I care for
the websites that I know are consistent with each machine. If that site
goes down, then so did the machine.. That's my reason behind it. Thanks
for your help though, all of you, I don't want to seem as if I'm not
appreciative. I was thinking, however, in the address of the host
definition I just add the domain (www.yahoo.com) that path should
resolve to the same machine every time. I'm not sure if this is still
the solution I seek. The solution I really am seeking is to add another
variable to the host definition. That would be completely, absolutely,
ideal. It will also allow me to add other information to the hosts in
the future. Any ideas as to how to add custom directives to the host
definition block?

Richard