Nagios process not running? It is running!

Hari Sekhon hpsekhon at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 1 12:36:01 CEST 2006

David Miller wrote:
> Hi Hari;
>
> Did you find a solution to
> http://www.mail-archive.com/nagios-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg06533.html
> ?  I'm facing the same problem:(
>
> Thanks,
>
> --- David

Unfortunately no. The nagios check command refused to work after many
suggestions. I have read all the Nagios docs at least twice and would
like to think I have a reasonable understanding of the whole thing but
after confirming that I had indeed done it the way all the users on the
mailing-list thought correct as well as a forum admin for the nagios
forums, I came to the conclusion that it may not be my
nagios_check_command that is at fault.

I've disabled the check_command and it no longer gives me the warning in
the web interface. In fact since doing that I can actually apply host
commands via the interface. Nice.

On a related note, this stopped me from entering comments in the
interface even when everything seemed to be correctly set up regarding
the cgi auth. Still can't schedule downtime, possibly because the check
isn't running but that's another story for another thread...

Hari Sekhon