Starting up Nagios

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Tue Oct 10 21:04:44 CEST 2006

Please always respond on list unless you're sending sensitive
information. Others reading the archives in the future will be able to
benefit from your experience.

The error above is indicating the file really doesn't exist in that
location or the permissions are such that the nagios user can't access
it.

> The file is there, permission look good on it, not sure why it is
having
> a hard time with it. Ran the -v, it it looks ok. We get those 2
warnings
> in production.
>

> linux:/usr/local/nagios # ./bin/nagios -v
> /usr/local/nagios/etc/nagios.cfg
>
> Nagios 2.5
> Copyright (c) 1999-2006 Ethan Galstad (http://www.nagios.org) Last
> Modified: 07-13-2006
> License: GPL
>
> Reading configuration data...

[Chop]

> Things look okay - No serious problems were detected during the
> pre-flight check linux:/usr/local/nagios
>

> Any ideas?

Run your preflight as the nagios user, not root, since that's the user
that reads the files. I'm going to guess that the nagios user can't read
/usr/local/nagios/etc/misccommands.cfg due to permissions.

--
Marc