check_mailq

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Sun Oct 8 21:26:41 CEST 2006

On Sun, 8 Oct 2006, Frank Sfalanga wrote:

> I've edited the sudoers file using visudo and appended this information
> - it doesn't seem to have made a difference though, unfortunately.
>
> Perhaps this plugin will not work the way I'm trying to use it?
>
> I'm guessing that this plugin is designed to run on the mail server
> itself which is running nagios /and/ qmail?
>
> An SMTP service for instance is easy to monitor remotely because you can
> just attempt an SMTP connection to test.
>
> Checking the mail queue remotely is maybe not possible?  Maybe I'm just
> missing something?

Well, at least you never told anyone you are not trying to monitor the
local queue. That makes is quite another ball game.

Install the plugin on the qmail server and run it over ssh (with the
proper ssh plugin) or install ncsa or so to do the monitoring part on the
qmail server.

Hugo.

--
	hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org	http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/