R: R: Installing problem

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Mon Oct 2 12:18:05 CEST 2006

Marco Borsani wrote:
> 1) I have not yum on my system, usually use rpm.
>    Performing a rpm -qa | grep gd , I obtain:
> 	gdbm-devel-1.8.0-24
> 	gdbm-1.8.0-24
> 	sysklogd-1.4.1-26_EL
> 	gd-2.0.28-4
> 	gdm-2.6.0.5-6
> 	gdb-6.1post-1.20040607.62
> 	gdk-pixbuf-0.22.0-15.1
>   Do I need to install another library?
>
> 2) I set SELinux to permissive, but I still receive the message:
>   	./status.cgi
> getcgivars(): Unsupported REQUEST_METHOD -> ''
>
> I'm guessing you're trying to execute the CGI from a command line.
> In order to do that, you need to set the REQUEST_METHOD environment
> variable to either "GET", "HEAD", or "POST".  When using the
> GET and HEAD methods, arguments can be passed to the CGI
> by setting the "QUERY_STRING" environment variable.  If you're
> using the POST method, data is read from standard input.  Also of
> note: if you've enabled authentication in the CGIs, you must set the
> "REMOTE_USER" environment variable to be the name of the user you're
> "authenticated" as.
>
> I have not errors when I go into the directories. Is it normal?

Yes. The reason I asked you to turn of SELinux entirely is that I want
to make sure that it's not interfering with apache's abilities of
running programs locally, since the regular unix permissions allow you
to. The error message you're seeing comes from certain environment
variables are missing, which is indeed expected.

> When I installed Nagios on Red Hat Enterprise 3 I had not these problems!!

Was SELinux enabled on that server? What was its exact settings compared
to the settings on this system?

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se