R: R: Installing problem

Marco Borsani m.borsani at it.net
Mon Oct 2 11:39:36 CEST 2006

1) I have not yum on my system, usually use rpm.
   Performing a rpm -qa | grep gd , I obtain:
	gdbm-devel-1.8.0-24
	gdbm-1.8.0-24
	sysklogd-1.4.1-26_EL
	gd-2.0.28-4
	gdm-2.6.0.5-6
	gdb-6.1post-1.20040607.62
	gdk-pixbuf-0.22.0-15.1
  Do I need to install another library?

2) I set SELinux to permissive, but I still receive the message:
  	./status.cgi
getcgivars(): Unsupported REQUEST_METHOD -> ''

I'm guessing you're trying to execute the CGI from a command line.
In order to do that, you need to set the REQUEST_METHOD environment
variable to either "GET", "HEAD", or "POST".  When using the
GET and HEAD methods, arguments can be passed to the CGI
by setting the "QUERY_STRING" environment variable.  If you're
using the POST method, data is read from standard input.  Also of
note: if you've enabled authentication in the CGIs, you must set the
"REMOTE_USER" environment variable to be the name of the user you're
"authenticated" as.

I have not errors when I go into the directories. Is it normal?

When I installed Nagios on Red Hat Enterprise 3 I had not these problems!!

Marco