repost: nagios-plugins on Solaris 9 --with-ps-command

Darren Dunham ddunham at taos.com
Thu Nov 30 19:48:37 CET 2006

> No matter what I use, during the configure process I get:
>
> checking for ps... /usr/bin/ps
> checking for ps syntax... using nagios-plugins internal ps for solaris
>
> The pst3 command does not work for me.  check_procs is broken anyway,
> so it just hangs until timeout when pst3 fails.
>
> When I run pst3 manually as root, I get...
>
> # /usr/local/nagios/libexec/pst3
> /usr/local/nagios/libexec/pst3: /dev/ksyms is not a 32-bit kernel namelist
> pst3: Failed to open kernel memory: Error 0

Whatever else is happening, it appears that 'pst3' has been built as a
32 bit executable (can check with 'file' command), but you are running a
64 bit kernel.  The 32 bit program can't read the 64 bit kernel
structure.

I'm afraid I don't know enough about the rest of it to comment.

--
Darren Dunham                                           ddunham at taos.com