Nagios 2.5 and weird problem

Mark Hennessy mhennessy at cloud9.net
Thu Nov 30 19:40:25 CET 2006

I'm using FreeBSD 6.1 and Nagios 2.5

I've just noticed my Nagios 2.5 installation doing something weird.

I have just under services being monitored by this instance of Nagios and I
see this in top:
53577 nagios          1 119    0  2840K  2064K RUN    0  54:12 87.35% nagios

It's been doing that for the past few hours now and the only thing that seems
to stop it for a while is to kill all nagios processes and restart nagios.

What other information would be required to further determine the cause of
Nagios eating up so much CPU?
Any ideas?

--
 Mark Hennessy