Notification Interval Configured wrong or not working right

Elijah Savage esavage at digitalrage.org
Tue Nov 28 22:18:58 CET 2006

All I have read the documentation a number of times and either I am not getting it or it is not working. I have this host set below

define host{
host_name beastie
alias NFS Unix Server
address 172.26.X.X
check_command check-host-alive
max_check_attempts 10
check_period 24x7
notification_interval 20
notification_period 24x7
parents Pix
notification_options d,r,u
contact_groups Admins
}

If I shutdown the network interface on the switch leading to this box nagios alerts on the host being down but it alerts on it every 10 minutes.

If I think I understand the notification interval correctly hopefully this info will be enough for someone to point out what I have wrong here.

# INTERVAL LENGTH
# This is the seconds per unit interval as used in the
# host/contact/service configuration files. Setting this to 60 means
# that each interval is one minute long (60 seconds). Other settings
# have not been tested much, so your mileage is likely to vary...

interval_length=60

The service check interval for this host is
normal_check_interval 5

Oh yeah I am running version 2.5