NRPE and check_apacheconcreqs

Nicholas Pietrangelo npietrangelo at jewels.com
Tue Nov 28 21:00:44 CET 2006

I am trying to perform a check for the number of "workers" on an
IBMHttpServer (Apache).  When I try to run check_nrpe against
check_apacheconcreq (which I downloaded for nagiosexchange) I receive
the following error:

HTTP requests WARNING - query returned no output!

When I run the check_apacheconcreq plugin locally I get the expected
results:

HTTP requests WARNING - 1 concurrent requests

When I run the "check_nrpe -H webserver -c check_apache_reqs -w X -c Y"
locally or from the Nagios Server I get the "no output" error.
(check_apache_reqs is the alias in the nrpe.cfg for `check_apacheconcreq
-w 0 -c 1`).  I have the value set to 0 & 1 to present WARNING or
CRITICAL for this test.

I can run all other aliases in the nrpe.cfg successfully (check_disk1,
check_load, check_users, etc).

TIA,

Nick P.
440-829-7777 mobile

The information contained in this e-mail message is privileged and/or
confidential and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity
named above.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the
If you have received this communication in error, please immediately
notify us by telephone (330-668-5000), and destroy the original
message.  Thank you.