Can only monitor localhost

Thomas Sluyter nagios at kilala.nl
Mon Nov 27 16:30:07 CET 2006

On 27 Nov, 2006, at 13:33, J K wrote:

> I have installed Nagios 2.5 and everything seems OK except that the
> only host I can monitor is the localhost. I have added 2 other
> hosts to the configuration files, and although I see all 3 hosts in
> the "dashboard" it is only my localhost that is beeing monitored
> under all 3 hosts. (I can tell as the results for disk-space use,
> number of users and processors is identical for all 3 hosts,
> although I know that my disksize on each of the 3 hosts is different)

Ah :) Welcome to where I was 1.5 years ago when I just started with
Nagios :) It's nice to see that I'm not the only one who made that
mistake.

As Andy has pointed out you will need to make use of additional
plugins and/or software to perform checks on remote systems. There's
a rather large selection of tools you can choose from, for both
Windows and UNIX. I've made a comparison of both OSes and their
client software on my website.

http://www.kilala.nl/Sysadmin/clients-NAGIOS.php
http://www.kilala.nl/Sysadmin/winclients-NAGIOS.php

Cheers and good luck!