(Return code of 127 - Resolved) - NRPE timeout or config problem now

Cardiff - ML ml at cardiff.fr
Thu Nov 23 09:24:37 CET 2006

>I also notice the plugin was just put there a few minutes before your last
email. I didn't see it there on your original question, so that's a good
start >-- that should clear the current error.
>As far as nrpe timeouts go, you probably need to look at the nrpe server
config (on the machine you're trying to check) and make sure that it's
running
>and allowing connections from your Nagios server.

Ok i've found in fact reason of 1rst problems : (return code 127) quite on
the go...
Rights on distant server were not put so that nrpe can execute itself...
In fact since i corrected i get the timeout message, and after a restart of
nagios on main server, in web nagios, i do not get anymore the message
Return Code 127...  So for any newbs like me, that get this message, check
your rights on nrpe server so that it responds to main server...

Now i have another problem :
In web interface, nagios tells me now : NRPE: Command 'check_local_load' not
defined
I get this message to be the equivalent to the manuel check message :
CHECK_NRPE: Socket timeout after 10 seconds.

Could anyone post here a correct nrpe server config sample that works, as an
example...
I am capable enough to adapt and correct a sample and make it work correctly
but i admit i often need an example i adapt to my needs...

Yours

Tugdual de Lassat