(Return code of 127 is out of bounds - pluginmay bemissing)

Morris, Patrick patrick.morris at hp.com
Wed Nov 22 20:08:03 CET 2006

> >[snip]
> >check_nrpe does not exist in the location you're telling
> Nagios to run
> >it
> from.
>
> Thks for your quick response...
>
> Here is on main server list of /usr/local/nagios/libexec :
> 201022 -rwxr-xr-x  1 root   root     54932 nov 22 10:17 check_nrpe
> You'll notice it is available in correct location, with same
> rights other plugins have...
>
> Having doubts i've double checked local execution of nrpe plugin ...
>
> I get something i've not checked yet in mailing lists :
> [root at mars lib]# /usr/local/nagios/libexec/check -c check_local_load
> CHECK_NRPE: Socket timeout after 10 seconds.
>
> Can this explain error message that the web interface gives me ???

I also notice the plugin was just put there a few minutes before your
last email. I didn't see it there on your original question, so that's a
good start -- that should clear the current error.

As far as nrpe timeouts go, you probably need to look at the nrpe server
config (on the machine you're trying to check) and make sure that it's
running and allowing connections from your Nagios server.