Monitoring AIX

SpEnT spentboy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 02:13:31 CET 2006

The majority of the default plugins should work and compile on AIX 4.3
(all ML's but check your oslevel -r to verify becasue there were a
couple of df switches that were different). I and another colleage
wrote quite a few AIX plugins but not many of them were being
downloaded ... I'll see if I can find the gzip file I had. They were
all converted to perl and the majority were specialized only because
most of the stock plugins work by default ... that being said, make
sure you have the Linux tookit for AIX handy as you may need some
packages ;-)

I've compiled the majority of the required ones on AIX natively using
gss provided by the toolkit (available on IBM's site) ... you can even
create the toc files needed to use smitty to install packages from the
toolkit.

Let me know if you have any issues and or what they are and I can help
you work on them or provide you possibly with binaries. My last
compile was on AIX 5.3 but I've used plugins compiled from quite a
ways back (we use a Linux machine for the actual monitoring and nrpe
on the AIX machines).

Lonny Selinger LPIC-1
Midrange Operations
EDS Canafa Ltd.