Monitoring AIX

bobi-z+SJPVymZqvR7s880joybQ at public.gmane.org bobi-z+SJPVymZqvR7s880joybQ at public.gmane.org
Thu Nov 23 00:08:36 CET 2006

I've successfully compiled NRPE and the nagios plugins under both AIX 4.3,
5.2 and 5.3.

All you need is to have the development environment setup.

IBM has a website called the AIX Toolbox which has RPM's for AIX.

Here's the link to the AIX 5L set of RPM's:

http://www-03.ibm.com/servers/aix/products/aixos/linux/

I don't know if they still have the AIX 4.3 RPM's available, though.

After downloading the RPM's for gcc, make, flex, bison, patch and friends,
you should be able to build the plugins.

Make sure you download and install the rpm utility first (as a traditional
IBM install file.)  Then you can use rpm to install the rpm packages
listed above.  You'll probably need others beyond those mentioned above.

Other than, we've written our own perl plugins for AIX-specific tests.

Hope this helps.

Bob