Using Nagios to monitor "service-less" hosts

Wed Nov 8 20:56:03 CET 2006

Sloane, Robert Raymond wrote:
>> Last Check Time: 	08-11-2006 19:34:40
>> Next Scheduled Active Check:   	N/A
>>

> Interesting.  Nagios thinks the last check was run over a month ago.

No, thankfully!  That date is the 8th November (British format.)
> You wouldn't see anything about hosts in the scheduling queue.  Host
> checks are run immediately, not through the queue.  That is why it is
> best to not use them.

I did when the check_interval was set to 1 in the hosts - it showed the
host name and a blank service column.
I'd mentioned this only to prove the point that the checks do not seem
to be scheduled any more, so I cannot figure out why it's still running
the host checks at (seemingly) regular intervals.

There are no hosts under that machine (or indeed above it), and all
services checks are up and have been for a good 6-8 hours.

I'm stumped!

Andy.