alloca.h does not exist in FreeBSD.

Ton Voon ton.voon at altinity.com
Fri Nov 3 16:43:34 CET 2006

Andy,

Yup, that was easier than having to upgrade to a newer coreutils!

Turns out I was missing the alloca_.h and alloca.c files from
coreutils-5.96. I've just committed it into CVS. Still compiles on my
MacOSX box. Please try the snapshot when it is next created.

If you want to make sure the plugins always compiles on your
platform, please look at the tinderbox server: http://
tinderbox.altinity.org. You can setup regular builds on your box, so
we get a better picture of which platforms work with the latest builds.

Ton

On 3 Nov 2006, at 15:09, Andy Shellam (Mailing Lists) wrote:

> Hello Ton,
>
> I'm hoping this news will be the better of 2 evils!!
> Coreutils 5.96 compiles, installs and uninstalls successfully on
> FreeBSD 6.1.  (I did remember to remove my botched alloca.h file ;-) )
>
> I've just tried the Nagios Plugins 1.4.5 and....

> In file included from regex.c:55:
> regex_internal.h:458:20: alloca.h: No such file or directory
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /endeavour/software/cache/nagios-plugins-1.4.5/lib.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /endeavour/software/cache/nagios-plugins-1.4.5/lib.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /endeavour/software/cache/nagios-plugins-1.4.5/lib.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /endeavour/software/cache/nagios-plugins-1.4.5.
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /endeavour/software/cache/nagios-plugins-1.4.5.
>
> Re-instate my botched alloca.h, and plugins compile OK.
>
> Andy.
>
> Ton Voon wrote:
>> Andy,
>>
>> Can you goto http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/coreutils/ and download
>> 5.96 and try and compile on your platform. As the plugins are
>> currently syncd with this version, if coreutils compiles, it means
>> I've made a mistake somewhere in copying their files over.
>>
>> If their code fails to compile, it is a problem with their code,
>> which they've probably fixed in a newer version - please confirm
>> by compiling their latest version. If a newer coreutils works,
>> then I need to take some time to re-sync the plugins with their
>> latest code, but that takes time...
>>
>> Ton
>>

> This message has been scanned for viruses by MailController -
> www.MailController.altohiway.com

http://www.altinity.com
T: +44 (0)870 787 9243
F: +44 (0)845 280 1725