Charts and Graphs and Nagios Oh My!

Joerg Linge pitchfork at ederdrom.de
Wed Nov 1 15:41:07 CET 2006

Am Mittwoch, 1. November 2006 15:18 schrieb Carlos Mauricio Reyes Sanmiguel:
> Hi there,
>
> I installed the PNP for Nagios, I did all the steps in teh configuration,
> it seem really easy, but when i try to display the graphic i get the
> following.
>
> I try accesing the page like this:
>
> http://10.0.2.**/nagios/pnp-0.2.4/index.php?host=%3CBC_4506%3E&srv=%3CGi3_1%3E
>

> The page display the following:
>
>  OK Initalising
>  OK Useing /usr/local/nagios/share/perfdata/
> OK RRDTool /usr/local/rrdtool-1.2.15/bin/rrdtool found.
> OK RRD Base Directory /usr/local/nagios/share/perfdata/ found.
> OK Hostname is set.
> ! Directory /usr/local/nagios/share/perfdata/ not found.

Does the directory /usr/local/nagios/share/perfdata exist on your system ?

> Does anybody knows what this means?,  am I missing something in the
> configuration?, I also check the folder perfdata, and i see some folders
> for some of the routers i'm monitoring with nagios, but i can't see all, i
> don't know why it shows only some of them,

Do you mean /usr/local/nagios/share/perfdata ?

> i also put the line of process
> data in the nagios configuration of the router's service but it seems that
> is not creating the perfdata folder with the php file and the rrd.

The Plugin _must_ output valid Perfdata. If they do , process_perfdata.pl will create the files.
If not, process_perfdata.pl will exit silently.

Please show me the performance data output for the router services.

Jörg