Charts and Graphs and Nagios Oh My!

Carlos Mauricio Reyes Sanmiguel creyes at co.ibm.com
Wed Nov 1 15:18:20 CET 2006

Hi there,

I installed the PNP for Nagios, I did all the steps in teh configuration,
it seem really easy, but when i try to display the graphic i get the
following.

I try accesing the page like this:

http://10.0.2.**/nagios/pnp-0.2.4/index.php?host=%3CBC_4506%3E&srv=%3CGi3_1%3E

The page display the following:

 OK Initalising
 OK Useing /usr/local/nagios/share/perfdata/
OK RRDTool /usr/local/rrdtool-1.2.15/bin/rrdtool found.
OK RRD Base Directory /usr/local/nagios/share/perfdata/ found.
OK Hostname is set.
! Directory /usr/local/nagios/share/perfdata/ not found.
Does anybody knows what this means?,  am I missing something in the
configuration?, I also check the folder perfdata, and i see some folders
for some of the routers i'm monitoring with nagios, but i can't see all, i
don't know why it shows only some of them, i also put the line of process
data in the nagios configuration of the router's service but it seems that
is not creating the perfdata folder with the php file and the rrd.
Thanks.
creyes

Hendrik Baecker <b00mer at gmx.net>
Sent by: nagios-users-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net
26/10/2006 12:10 p.m.

Anton Kornexl <Anton.Kornexl at rz.uni-passau.de>
cc
nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject
Re: [Nagios-users] Charts and Graphs and Nagios Oh My!

Anton Kornexl schrieb:
> Joerg Linge schrieb:
>
>> Am Mittwoch, 25. Oktober 2006 20:15 schrieb Maxwell,Brady:
>>
>>> I have a need to setup some performance and trending graphing or
charts
>>> for many of the service checks I am performing with Nagios.
>>>
>> [...]
>>
>> I use PNP http://www.ederdrom.de/doku.php/nagios/pnp_en
>>
>> PNP stores the Performance Data from the Nagios Plugins in RRDTool
Archives.
>> You need:
>> Perl without special Modules
>> PHP to Display the RRD Graphs
>> RRDTool to do the work.
>> Nagios 2.x and Plugins producing valid Perfdata.
>>

> I use Nagiosgrapher (see http://www.nagiosexchange.org/)
> Its one of the best tools to graph performance data.

Then have a look at PNP and remember how long you need to get
nagiosgrapher to work ;)

PNP is realy simple to install.

1. Download
2. unpack
3. copy process-perfdata.pl
4. edit process-perfdata.pl in one line to fit for the directory where
the "gui" looks into for rrd files
5. edit the gui configfile to fit the directory mentioned above
6. edit nagios.cfg to process the perfdata with process-perfdata.pl
7. restart nagios and wait a few minutes

I guess even for beginners it is a job for 15 up to 30 minutes and after
this it just works.

Best wishes
Hendrik

reporting any issue.