Email notifications

Randal, Phil prandal at herefordshire.gov.uk
Thu May 25 16:19:10 CEST 2006

Assuming your nagios box is on your internal network and not NAT'ed to
the outside world...

You just need a standard sendmail setup or equivalent, making sure your
internal DNS has MX records for your mail servers, then make sure your
notifications go to internal addresses only.

If that restriction's too limiting for you, then you'll need to hack
your sendmail.mc to use your corporate email server as a smart host and
relay all via it.

If your nagios box is NAT'ed to the outside world, you'll need to enable
smtp out from that box, make sure your firewall rules are appropriate,
and ensure that your DNS used on the Nagios box can resolve your
destination domains.

Phil
--
Phil Randal