Some nagios promblem need help!

SYSIT sysit.chenxj at alibaba-inc.com
Thu May 25 05:22:07 CEST 2006

Hi,all

   I have been used nagios monitor our web site two years! Now about 500
hosts and 3,000 services on my nagios system.

because now my nagios server load is very high. I have to use distribution
system to reduce pressure.I found if nsca server work at inetd or single
mode can't deal with about 300 request per second. Only run at daemon mode
can do it. But still deley much.

Any device for me?

Another question is I have done some Optimize by Nagios Documents:

/bin/mkdir -p /dev/shm/tmp  /cache

/bin/chmod 1777 /dev/shm/tmp /cache

/bin/mount --bind /dev/shm/tmp /cache

Then modify nagios.cfg, change path of status.dat and nagios.log to /cache.

Now visit status.cgi often show web page like below:

to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, sysit.chenxj at alibaba-inc.com and
inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done
that may have caused the error.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying
to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request

I check apache's error_log,can find:

[Wed May 17 16:02:37 2006] [error] [client 10.0.77.203] Premature end of
script headers: status.cgi

How can I do with it ?

Attach diff of my nagios.cfg and sample-config/nagios.cfg

19,20c19

< # log_file=/usr/local/nagios/var/nagios.log

< log_file=/cache/nagios.log

---

*      log_file=/usr/local/nagios/var/nagios.log

< # status_file=/usr/local/nagios/var/status.dat

< status_file=/cache/status.dat

---

> status_file=/usr/local/nagios/var/status.dat

156c131

< check_external_commands=1

---

> check_external_commands=0

243c218

< #   nebmodule=<modulepath> [moduleargs]

---

> #   broker_module=<modulepath> [moduleargs]

276c251

< use_syslog=0

---

*      use_syslog=1