Jabber Custom Notification Script Not Working (Frederik Vanhee)

Stanley.Hopcroft at Dest.gov.au Stanley.Hopcroft at Dest.gov.au
Thu May 25 01:12:52 CEST 2006

Dear Folks,

I am writing to thank you for your letter and say,

embedded Perl Nagios like mod_perl is more sensitive to coding issues
than the 'fork a new Perl interpreter for each run' model.

There is every chance that a plugin that works fine from the command
line won't work under ePN.

You can turn ePN logging on by changing the DEBUG_LEVEL in p1.pl. Set it
to LEAVE_MSG (or whatever is mentioned in perldoc p1.pl). You need to
make
sure the log path and name suits you also.

In a former job, I found jabber/XMPP was very sensitive to the Perl
modules
and configuration of the Jabber server. I think we had an event handler
that
would publish stuff to jabber consoles with not much more than one of
the
example usages from the Perl jabber client. Unfortch my records are
elsewhere.

No experience unfortch with the jabber plugins.

Yours sincerely.