CGI scripts not running

Hugo van der Kooij hvdkooij at vanderkooij.org
Wed May 24 07:35:50 CEST 2006

On Tue, 23 May 2006, Eric X. Holzapfel wrote:

> I have downloaded and built nagios 2.3.1 (lets assume for the moment
> that I did it correctly).

Assumptions. I think there are many corpses on the road to Bagdad based on
those things.

>  when I click on any of the links (like Tactical Informmation, etc) all
> that I get is a blank page.
>
> I have the htpasswd set, etc, and can log in with default user (nagios),
> and have copied the cgi files (just in case) to the /var/www/cgi-bin
> directory as well as the files in their normal place
> /usr/local/nagios/sbin.

Not a good thing.

> The permission seem to be set IAW the nagios install directions, etc.
>
> I am running Fedora Core 5, and apache 2.0.
>
> Any suggestions here???

Read the archives. Check:
 - selinux
 - httpd config. (Show us the exact changes)
 - apache logs

Any reason why you did not use Dag Wiers packages?

Hugo.

		Don't meddle in the affairs of magicians,
		for they are subtle and quick to anger.