Escalations

Derek J. Balling deballing at vassar.edu
Mon May 22 20:22:56 CEST 2006

I'm using the version of Nagios that is in Debian/Stable (which I
think is a modified 1.3).

I'm trying to sort out escalations a little bit. I can see how
hostgroup escalations work, if there is a host-level problem.

If I've got, say, "smtp" service definitions for three hosts, do I
really have to have three different serviceescalation declarations --
one for each service definition -- to escalate each one? Is there no
way whatsoever to simply say anything with service_description "SMTP"
and host_name of "*" or something?

Seems really ... well ... sucky, that for every host/service
declaration I'd have to explicitly have an independent escalation
declaration as well.

Cheers,

Derek J. Balling
Systems Administrator