Question about time definitions.

Assaf Flatto assaf at m-wise.com
Wed May 10 17:01:41 CEST 2006

from what i read in the documentations the time definitions is just like
a host definition , as in it can only have one name and an alias but not
two names .

*timeperiod_name*: This directives is the short name used to identify
the time period. *
alias*: This directive is a longer name or description used to identify
the time period. */
some/day*: The /sunday/ through /saturday/ directives are
comma-delimited lists of time ranges that are "valid" times for a
particular day of the week. Notice that there are seven different days
for which you can define time ranges (Sunday through Saturday). Each
time range is in the form of *HH:MM-HH:MM*, where hours are specified on
a 24 hour clock. For example, *00:15-24:00* means 12:15am in the morning
for this day until 12:20am midnight (a 23 hour, 45 minute total time
range). If you wish to exclude an entire day from the timeperiod, simply
do not include it in the timeperiod definition.

Assaf

Tiernan, Michael C. wrote:
> I've not found this mentioned. (A nickel says that as soon as I hit
> "Send" I'll find it.)
>
> Can you define a timeperiod with two names?
>
> (Nagios 2 & RHEL-4)
>
> Example:
>
> define timeperiod {
> 	timeperiod_name	24x7,anytime
> 	timeperiod_alias	Whenever, it's important!
> 	sunday	00:00-24:00
> 	monday	00:00-24:00
> 	tuesday	00:00-24:00
> 	wednesday	00:00-24:00