[bug?] CET -> CEST problems

Janno de Wit jdewit at dnaservices.nl
Mon Mar 27 13:18:28 CEST 2006

Hi list,

Have had the following problem here.
We monitor an as400 system, and if it is not online between 05:00 -
24:00 on mon-sat, it should send us an alert.

Now last weekend we got the time switch between CET and CEST (02:00 am
becomes 03:00 am). The server automatically switches, but Nagios get
straggling with the time, the hole sunday we got alerts, and we should
not get any on sunday.

My timewindow configuration is as follows:

define host{
    use                     generic-host            ; Name of host template to use
    contact_groups          as400-alarm
    host_name               as400
    alias                   AS400
    address                 <ip>
    check_command           check-host-alive
    max_check_attempts      10
    notification_interval   60
    notification_period     as400timewindow
    notification_options    d,u,r
    parents                 switch-pand-groot-ge
}

define timeperiod{
    timeperiod_name as400timewindow
    alias           05:00 tot 24:00, mon-sat
    monday          05:00-24:00
    tuesday         05:00-24:00
    wednesday       05:00-24:00
    thursday        05:00-24:00
    friday          05:00-24:00
    saturday        05:00-24:00
}

My eventlog skips from 01:00 directly to 03:00, without notice about some big timechange.

We run:
Nagios 2.0b4
Copyright (c) 1999-2005 Ethan Galstad (http://www.nagios.org)
Last Modified: 08-02-2005
License: GPL

I think this is a bug, is there any coder which can look at this?

Regards,

Janno de Wit
DNA Services B.V.