check_log2.pl perl module

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Mar 24 16:59:05 CET 2006

Check_log2.pl is expecting to be in/run from the libexec directory with
the other plugins. Move it there and you won't need this line.

> jenna contrib # ./check_log2.pl -l /var/log/messages -s /tmp/seekfile
-p
> error
> Name "main::blocks" used only once: possible typo at ./check_log2.pl
line
> 115.
> Name "main::mode" used only once: possible typo at ./check_log2.pl
line
> 115.
> Name "main::uid" used only once: possible typo at ./check_log2.pl line
> 115.
> Name "main::dev" used only once: possible typo at ./check_log2.pl line
> 115.
> Name "main::atime" used only once: possible typo at ./check_log2.pl
line
> 115.
> Name "main::gid" used only once: possible typo at ./check_log2.pl line
> 115.
> Name "main::blksize" used only once: possible typo at ./check_log2.pl
line
> 115.
> Name "main::ctime" used only once: possible typo at ./check_log2.pl
line
> 115.
> Name "main::rdev" used only once: possible typo at ./check_log2.pl
line
> 115.
> Name "main::mtime" used only once: possible typo at ./check_log2.pl
line
> 115.
> Name "main::nlink" used only once: possible typo at ./check_log2.pl
line
> 115.
> Name "main::ino" used only once: possible typo at ./check_log2.pl line
> 115.
> OK - No matches found.
> jenna contrib #
>

> i'm a novice perl coder and would love to troubleshoot, but my skillz
are
> not worthy ;)
>
> Thoughts?

1) Always run your tests as the nagios user.

2) They're harmless notices sent to STDERR, not STDOUT so nagios
wouldn't ever seen them but you shouldn't be seeing them either with an
unmodified plugin.

3) What version of the plugins are you using? I don't see these with 1.4
--

[nagios at noctools libexec]$ ./check_log2.pl -l /var/log/messages -s
/tmp/seekfile -p Error

4) Did you modify the shebang line in the script to turn on syntax
checks (i.e. #!/usr/bin/perl -cw). I can reproduce your results if I do
that --

[nagios at noctools libexec]$ head -1 ./check_log2.pl
#!/usr/bin/perl -cw

[nagios at noctools libexec]$ ./check_log2.pl -l /var/log/messages -s
/tmp/seekfile -p Error
Name "main::blocks" used only once: possible typo at ./check_log2.pl
line 111.
Name "main::mode" used only once: possible typo at ./check_log2.pl line
111.
[...]
./check_log2.pl syntax OK

--
Marc