check_log2.pl perl module

Terry L. Inzauro tinzauro at ha-solutions.net
Fri Mar 24 15:43:21 CET 2006

Terry L. Inzauro wrote:
> folks,
>
> the check_log2.pl script is calling for the util.pm perl module.  i saw
> it in the contrib directory, but it isn't using it properly or can't
> find it.  is that the correct module to use, or is there a cpan module
> out there that i should grab.
>
> also, does the /path/to/contrib directory need to be in @INC?
>

> best regards,
>

> _Terry

> reporting any issue. ::: Messages without supporting info will risk
> being sent to /dev/null

so, i added  BEGIN{unshift @INC, "/usr/nagios/libexec"} to check_log2.pl to append the location of utils.pm module to @INC and it works, however i get
the following warnings.

jenna contrib # ./check_log2.pl -l /var/log/messages -s /tmp/seekfile -p error
Name "main::blocks" used only once: possible typo at ./check_log2.pl line 115.
Name "main::mode" used only once: possible typo at ./check_log2.pl line 115.
Name "main::uid" used only once: possible typo at ./check_log2.pl line 115.
Name "main::dev" used only once: possible typo at ./check_log2.pl line 115.
Name "main::atime" used only once: possible typo at ./check_log2.pl line 115.
Name "main::gid" used only once: possible typo at ./check_log2.pl line 115.
Name "main::blksize" used only once: possible typo at ./check_log2.pl line 115.
Name "main::ctime" used only once: possible typo at ./check_log2.pl line 115.
Name "main::rdev" used only once: possible typo at ./check_log2.pl line 115.
Name "main::mtime" used only once: possible typo at ./check_log2.pl line 115.
Name "main::nlink" used only once: possible typo at ./check_log2.pl line 115.
Name "main::ino" used only once: possible typo at ./check_log2.pl line 115.
OK - No matches found.
jenna contrib #

i'm a novice perl coder and would love to troubleshoot, but my skillz are not worthy ;)

Thoughts?