SNMP WARNING

Kyle Tucker kylet at panix.com
Wed Mar 22 11:29:48 CET 2006

> > Am I missing something fundamental about this command ?
>
> It appears that you missed the 'min:max' vs. 'max:min' thing on the ranges,
>  but 1) that's a common oversight, and 2) it doesn't appear to be the real
>  reason you're getting nothing but warnings.

James, thanks for all this detailed explanation on check_snmp. I am
using the plugin extensively, but I have a fundamental problem with
it being designed to give an OK if checks for warning and critical
ranges and are within that range. This has for me - and must for
others - been the source of confusion and need for some brain strain.
What do you suppose was the thinking with this approach? The man page
says it best.

-w, --warning=INTEGER_RANGE(s)
    Range(s) which will not result in a WARNING status

Why not specify the *warning* range using the *warning* option that
*WILL* produce a *warning*? It just seems all backwards.

--
- Kyle