Empty hostgroups

Deborah Martin Deborah.Martin at Kognitio.com
Fri Mar 17 14:58:13 CET 2006

You can also use a wildcard as well.

-----Original Message-----
From: joseph.petrucci at wachovia.com [mailto:joseph.petrucci at wachovia.com]
Sent: 17 March 2006 13:52
To: James Fidell
Cc: nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net;
nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] Empty hostgroups

only thing I can think of is the same host can be in multiple hostgroups so
pick one host already defined and placeit in all empty hostgroups as a
placeholder then when you put a host in the hstgroup that actually belongs
remove that placeholder.

Joe Petrucci
Office: 704-383-6089
Cell : 724-462-0443

James Fidell <james at cloud9.co.uk>
Sent by: nagios-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net

03/17/2006 08:43 AM

nagios-users at lists.sourceforge.net

cc

Subject
[Nagios-users] Empty hostgroups

Is there an easy way to make nagios v2 not care if a hostgroup
is empty?

I'm migrating a live configuration from v1 to v2 at the same time
as correcting some errors and adding functionality and have it would
be useful to have all the hostgroups in the configuration files before
adding all the hosts.

Is it liable to cause pain if I change the code to warn about empty
hostgroups rather than fail with an error?

James

any issue.

ForwardSourceID:NT00010C52

are addressed. Any unauthorised distribution or copying is strictly
prohibited.

Whilst Kognitio Limited takes steps to prevent the transmission of
viruses via e-mail, we can not guarantee that any email or
attachment is free from computer viruses and you are strongly
advised to undertake your own anti-virus precautions.

Kognitio grants no warranties regarding performance,
use or quality of any e-mail or attachment and undertakes no
liability for loss or damage, howsoever caused.