POLL: nagios integration with other tools

jeff vier boinger at tradingtechnologies.com
Thu Mar 16 16:50:46 CET 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-16 at 10:24 -0500, Jim Perrin wrote:
> I've been using nagios heavily for about a year now and have been
> quite pleased with it. It monitors nearly every aspect of the servers
> I'm responsible for, but in the interest of never sitting still, I've
> been looking to see what tools have been integrated with nagios. A
> post on the rt (bestpractical) mailing list has a patch for 1.x to
> open rt tickets etc, and I wanted to see what others are doing with
> customizations. Has anyone combined nagios with an asset management
> system, bugzilla, etc. How do others on the list work with nagios, and
> how does it fit into your environment?

Let's see.

Wrote a new (for me, better) MRTG RRD checker.  Notifies on any
interface over-threshold (some of our switches have hundreds and
hundreds of interfaces - individual watching wouldn't be practical).

Integrated support for Trading Technologies' SuperGuardian Agent (This
probably doesn't mean much unless you're a derivative market trading
firm).

minor link-in to an internal asset management system (lets you pull up
serial numbers, contract numbers, purchase information, etc, etc).

probably some other stuff I've forgotten.