Acknowledge issues via e-mail

Terry td3201 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 16 02:49:02 CET 2006

Here is my working updated script.

- Set up a pop3 account with the same email address as the FROM
address of your nagios alerts
- When you receive an alert, simply reply to the alert and prepend
your password and command to the subject.  Like this:
foobar ack PROBLEM: server01/Test Service Webmin is CRITICAL

You can get fancy and have people specify their name too as the author
of the comment if you are in a large environment.  Might even do FROM
header matching and pass that on as the author if you really feel the
need.

Also, here is the updated procmail recipe:

BODY=`formail -I ""`
:0w:
| /usr/share/nagios/contrib/processmailcommands.sh "$BODY"

Script:

#!/usr/bin/perl

$commandfile = "/var/log/nagios/rw/nagios.cmd";
$now = `date +%s`;
$body = "$ARGV[0]";
chomp $body;
$body =~ s/\n//g;
$comment = "Remote Acknowledgement";
$author = "remote";

($password, $action, $crap, $crap, $crap, $crap) = split(/ /,"$body");
($foo) = $body=~/PROBLEM: (.*\/.*) is/;
($host, $service) = split(/\//,"$foo");
if( $password =~ /(?i)foobar/ ){
        if( $action =~ /(?i)ack/ ){
                open(F,">>$commandfile") or die ("Cant open");
                $output = `/usr/bin/printf "[%lu]
ACKNOWLEDGE_SVC_PROBLEM;$host;$service;1;$comment\n" $now`;
                print F $output;
                $output = `/usr/bin/printf "[%lu]
ADD_SVC_COMMENT;$host;$service;1;$author;$comment\n" $now`;
                print F $output;
                close F; }
        elsif ( $action =~ /(?i)nosvcchk/ ){
                open(F,">>$commandfile") or die ("Cant open");
                $output = `/usr/bin/printf "[%lu]
DISABLE_SVC_CHECK;$host;$service\n" $now`;
                print F $output;
                close F; }
        elsif ( $action =~ /(?i)nosvcnotify/ ){
                open(F,">>$commandfile") or die ("Cant open");
                $output = `/usr/bin/printf "[%lu]
DISABLE_SVC_NOTIFICATIONS;$host;$service\n" $now`;
                print F $output;
                close F; }
        elsif ( $action =~ /(?i)nohostchk/ ){
                open(F,">>$commandfile") or die ("Cant open");
                $output = `/usr/bin/printf "[%lu]
DISABLE_HOST_SVC_CHECKS;$host\n" $now`;
                print F $output;
                close F; }