Service Dependancies

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Wed Mar 15 19:30:07 CET 2006

Yes, you're missing a check_command for this host. That is required for
the behavior you want and with your config above the host itself is
never checked. If you're using the sample config files as a base, there
is a command definition named check-host-alive that you can use.

	check_command			check-host-alive

I would also set max_check_attempts to 1 or 2. You don't need more than
that to determine if the host is down and you want host checks to finish
as quickly as possible. _All_ other activity stops while hosts are being
checked.

--
Marc