Service Dependancies

Jeffry Bilder JBilder at bacons.com
Wed Mar 15 19:16:13 CET 2006

This is standard behavior if you have a host check_command that returns
non-OK when the host is unavailable.

http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/1_0/networkreachability.html

I have read the documentation, and I am using 2.0.  I really wish this
were the case by default cause I am getting notified that all the
services are down when the host cannot be pinging.  Please check an
example of a host in my hosts.cfg section:

define  host {
        host_name                       S2NA1ROCK
        alias                           S2NA1ROCK
        address                         192.168.1.10
        parents                         ROCK-Firewall
        hostgroups                      Servers
        max_check_attempts              10
        active_checks_enabled           1
        passive_checks_enabled          1
        check_period                    24x7
        obsess_over_host                1
        check_freshness                 0
        event_handler_enabled           1
        flap_detection_enabled          1
        process_perf_data               1
        retain_status_information       1
        retain_nonstatus_information    1
        contact_groups                  admins,Server-Administrator
        notification_interval           0
        notification_period             24x7
        notification_options            d,r
        notifications_enabled           1
        register                        1
        }

Do I have something misconfigured that is still allowing all subsequest
services to alert?

Thanks so much for all the help!