Hosts file - help

Chaudhry, Zaeem zaeem.chaudhry at fmr.com
Tue Mar 14 22:44:21 CET 2006

Hello,

Can I use an IP address instead of a DNS name for hosts in my
/usr/local/nagios/etc/servers/hosts.cfg file? Is this the only place
where I can define hosts to be monitored by Nagios? I can ping the host
below but cannot monitor it even when I use a fully qualified DNS name
for this host.

Currently, my host file looks like this:

define host {
       use             host-template
       host_name       192.168.0.2
       alias           192.168.0.2