no notification when host down

Zaid zaidthegeek at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 13 23:46:34 CET 2006

I am experiencing a strange issue with host down
notification. I currently check host status with http
checks. The way I have set it up is such that if a web
server goes down it is considered a host down. The
problem is that when this happens I dont get an alert
even though I have notification enabled. I do see it
logged as host down critical in the event log but no
alert message sent. Anyone know why this could be
happening or is having a similar issue?

Here is my host config:

define  host {
        host_name                       web1-app-sf
        alias                           App
Coloserve-SF
        address                        xxx.xx.xx.xx
        hostgroups
ApplicationServers
        check_command                   check_http
        max_check_attempts              3
        check_interval                  1
        active_checks_enabled           1
        passive_checks_enabled          1