Nagios notifications

Miner, Jonathan W (CSC) (US SSA) jonathan.w.miner at baesystems.com
Tue Mar 7 14:57:12 CET 2006

Hi -

We've been running Nagios 2.0 for several months now.  Great tool, have been extremely happy with it.

I have been asked by my management to "create a list of WHAT we are currently monitoring and WHEN someone is notified and WHO that someone is".  This seems pretty trivial, just go through the all the configuration files and cut-n-paste the desired information.  A very time consuming task, and something that would need to be updated from time to time.

Is there a better way?  If not, for those intimate with Nagios internals, any estimate on how much work would be involved in traversing the internal data structures and producing a report? I've got a programming background, and willing to tackle this myself if needed.

Thanks