ePN: notification script

John R. Daily jdaily at apparatus.net
Mon Mar 6 18:10:32 CET 2006

On Mar 6, 2006, at 12:56 AM, <Stanley.Hopcroft at Dest.gov.au>
<Stanley.Hopcroft at Dest.gov.au> wrote:

> It can be a great pain in the proverbial to get going. However, the
> docco suggests (perldoc p1.pl) that you can enable some debug/verbose
> output to find where the plugin/Perl code is blowing up.

Thanks for your insights.

Here's the bare minimum script I had originally set up for testing:
---
#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use utils qw(%ERRORS);

print "Perl here.\n\n";
exit($ERRORS{'OK'});
---

I have been swapping it out with a SH version, which works:
---
#!/bin/sh

echo "SH here"
echo ""
---

The debugging log that I set up as per Stanley's suggestion of
editing p1.pl:

Mon Mar  6 11:27:08 2006 eval_file: successfully compiled "/etc/
nagios/messages/test | /bin/mail -s "** PROBLEM alert - localhost/
HTTPD is CRITICAL **" jdaily at apparatus.net".
Mon Mar  6 11:27:08 2006 run_package: "/etc/nagios/messages/test | /
bin/mail -s "** PROBLEM alert - localhost/HTTPD is CRITICAL **"
jdaily at apparatus.net" returning (0, "Perl here.

").

So it looks to me as if ePN is fine with the script, but the output
does not seem to be delivered to /bin/mail as it is with the shell
version.

-John