Configuring nagios to monitor remote host through snmp

Mrutyunjaya Dash mdash at juniper.net
Wed Mar 1 16:44:37 CET 2006

Hi Friends,

Any body has configured nagios to monitor remote host through snmp. In
my environment, I have certain number of servers on which I cannot
install any plugins on it. But at the same time I have the requirement
monitor the servers through nagios. I believe, monitoring through snmp
does not require getting any plugins on the monitored hosts.

If anybody had ever the requirement of this kind and come out of it with
some solution. I would appreciate if you could share the information.

Regards,
Mrutyunjaya Dash