SELinux blocking nagios' cgis on FC5

Miguel Fernandes esmiguelfc at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 13:38:57 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm trying to run nagios 2.4 (latest) on Fedora Core 5, and I've installed
it with yum. I have SELinux active, and I have the following situation:

The nagios service is running, so I go to http://localhost/nagios/ and I
enter my password and the site is shown. But when I try to enter on any of
the cgi's the following message is shown:

> Whoops!
>
> *Error: Could not read object configuration data!*
>
> Here are some things you should check in order to resolve this error:
>

>    1. Verify configuration options using the *-v* command-line option
>    to check for errors.
>    2. Check the Nagios log file for messages relating to startup or
>    status data errors.
>    3. Make sure you've compiled the main program and the CGIs to use
>    the same object data storage options (i.e. default text file or
>    template-based file).
>
> Make sure you read the documentation on installing, configuring and
> running Nagios thoroughly before continuing. If all else fails, try sending
> a message to one of the mailing lists. More information can be found at
> http://www.nagios.org.

I have checked the configuration with "nagios -v" and it looks fine. I
disabled SELinux for a second and everything works fine. I tried then to
find out what SELinux rule is blocking the access to the files but couldn't
find any log where this is notice. I don't want to disable SELinux, i just
want to disable the rule affecting nagios. I would appreciate any advice you
could give me. Thanks!

MFC

Nagios version: 2.4
OS: Red Hat Fedora Core 5