Monitoring without TCP/IP connection

Roberto Raffo Roberto.Raffo at enterpriseda.com
Fri Jun 23 13:34:45 CEST 2006

Hi Folks.

I have to monitor some sites, from the central NOC, where there isn't a
VPN connection.

I just thinking about using some system that use some non typical
connection like analogic phone, gsm, sms, gprs...

Than my idea is to create a black box (probe) composed by a pc with
Linux inside and on of standard analogic modem or a GSM modem and an
Ethernet cable to connect to the customer LAN.

Then I have only to configure this probe to monitor some systems on the
remote site and put it in the customer site. This probe then call the
central Nagios that use the event in a standard way.

Do you now some system like this?

Have you any idea about?

Thank a lot!

Bye!