check_diskspace SNMP plugin

Dustin Berube dustin.berube at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 04:42:40 CEST 2006

I am having problems trying to run the check_diskspace.sh plugin to
monitor drive space on a Windows host.

below is the error that I receive. I ran snmpwalk with the following
syntax and it worked:

snmpwalk -v 1 -c public 192.168.0.11
.iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.host.hrStorage.hrStorageTable.hrStorageEntry.hrStorageDescr
  and it works properly

nagios at netfx-fs1:/usr/local/nagios/libexec$ ./check_diskspace.sh
usage  : check_diskspace.sh <hostname> <snmp-community> <Vol.Letter>
<crit-level> <warn-level>
example: check_diskspace.sh 192.168.1.1 public E: 100 1000

nagios at netfx-fs1:/usr/local/nagios/libexec$ ./check_diskspace.sh
192.168.0.11 public C: 1000 100
snmpwalk: Timeout (Sub-id not found: iso -> public)
.iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.host.hrStorage.hrStorageTable.hrStorageEntry.hrStorageUsed.:
Unknown Object Identifier (Index out of range:  (hrStorageIndex))
.iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.host.hrStorage.hrStorageTable.hrStorageEntry.hrStorageSize.:
Unknown Object Identifier (Index out of range:  (hrStorageIndex))
.iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.host.hrStorage.hrStorageTable.hrStorageEntry.hrStorageAllocationUnits.:
Unknown Object Identifier (Index out of range:  (hrStorageIndex))
(standard_in) 1: parse error
./check_diskspace.sh: line 98: [: : integer expression expected
./check_diskspace.sh: line 102: [: : integer expression expected
./check_diskspace.sh: line 106: [: : integer expression expected
DISKSPACE - UNKNOWN C:  MB

Thanks in advance.

Dustin Berube