Nagios Distributed Monitoring

narendran.neelamegam at wipro.com narendran.neelamegam at wipro.com
Wed Jun 21 14:37:36 CEST 2006

We are looking at a solution to Monitor three datacentre which are
located geographically apart.

France
Brazil
US

Central Nagios Management server at India

My plan was to have a Nagios distributed Monitoring setup

Central Monitoring Server at India

Three Nagios servers at the three locations.

We will be managing around 8000 nodes.

We need to ensure that the at no point of time no nagios server fails.

What kind of redundancy can be planned.

I was thinking of each nagios server monitoring itself and having three
different configuration files on these three servers and incase one
fails the other restarts with the configuration(A+B)..

Is that possible?

Also what kind of network bandwidth will such a setup require and will
there be latency in the alerts being received at the central monitoring
server.

Thanks and Regards,

Narendran Neelamegam