Nagios 2.4 upgrade

Asrai khn asraikhn at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 16:17:19 CEST 2006

Hi Ravi

Just upgraded nagios-2.0b6 to nagios-2.4 and its upgraded like a charm. Okay
here are the steps that I followed for this upgradation.

1) stop nagios /etc/rc.d/rc.nagios stop (For me on slackware)

2) Backup current nagios directory in case something goes wrong

cp -r /usr/local/nagios /tmp

3) Download nagios-2.4 and nagios-plugin

4) Untar nagios-2.4, cd into nagios-2.4 directory

Then follow the steps for ./configure ;make all; make blah blah, as you
didn't for your earilier nagios version.

5) untar nagios-plugin , and install it as documented in nagios docs or same
as your install it before.

6) Check if nagios config is fine by cd /usr/local/nagios
../nagios -v nagios.cfg

I get 0 warnings 0 errors :)

7) start nagios /etc/rc.d/rc.nagios start (For me on slackware, start it
according to your distro)

That's all, I hope it would of some help :)

Regards, Askar Ali