Nagios 2.4 upgrade

Marc Powell marc at ena.com
Fri Jun 16 15:37:45 CEST 2006

Well, one day I woke up and saw that 2.4 was out. I was mildly
interested but wasn't really affected by the bugs. I thought I would
upgrade a test box anyway... =)

> Was any issue during upgrade on Linux?

>From 1.x yes, as documented in the What's New documentation.
>From 2.x no, none. Upgrades within major versions are easy.

> What are the precausion we need to take care of ?

Besides backing up your nagios directory in the event of human error --

>From 1.x: Read and follow the suggestions in the What's New/Changelog
documentation
>From 2.x: nothing special needs to be done if originally installed from
source. Configure, make, stop nagios, make install, start nagios.

--
marc